Just finished listening to The 4-Hour Workweek audio book by Tim Ferriss. Tim has put together a great collection of ideas on how to become what he has coined the New Rich or NR for short.
The book is interesting and goes through the process of rethinking your life and getting away from the deferred-life plan that has you working your entire life so you can retire when your older.
Tim suggests recreating your life where your dreams take center stage; focusing on escaping the rat race, embarking on high-end world travel, generating monthly five-figure income with zero management, and simply living more and working less.
The book provides practical advice, tools and resources to get you started on this new path. The book goes on to teach you;
- How to outsource your life and do whatever you want for a year, only to return to a bank account 50% larger than before you left
- How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
- How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of little-known European economists
- How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if it’s beyond repair
- How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
- What automated cash-flow “muses” are and how to create one in 2-4 weeks
- How to cultivate selective ignorance—and create time—with a low-information diet
- Management secrets of Remote Control CEOs
- The crucial difference between absolute and relative income
- How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50-80% off
- How to fill the void and creating meaning after removing work and the office
I learned a bunch of new tips and tricks and think that this book is a great read for anyone who wants more time and more money.
Check out the book on Amazon: The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated)