You can learn anything online today.
Here are 49 free online courses on a variety of subjects to make you smarter, healthier, happier and a better version of yourself.
The most successful people are all self-learners. They read on average 60 books a year and always have a thirst for knowledge.
Today, we are lucky to have the internet and its vast ocean of knowledge. Here is a list of 49 websites where you can learn almost anything.
- Affiliate Marketing Web School – Learn everything you need to become a successful affiliate.
- Khan Academy – High-quality free courses on a variety of subjects.
- Alison – Free online courses from the world’s top publishers.
- CourseBuffet – Free online courses created by universities.
- Udemy – Huge selection of free and premium courses- mostly on technical skills.
- Highbrow – Free 10-day courses, divided into 5-minute daily lessons and delivered by email.
- Academic Earth – Free online academic education for everyone.
- Learnist – Print and video content, crowdsourced and curated by experts.
- Degreed – Unlimited learning. Free forever.
- Memrise – Learn a variety of subjects via digital flashcards and crowdsourced mnemonics.
- Greatist – Articles on becoming healthy and happy.
- ZenHabits – Minimalist productivity advice, with a focus on psychology.
- Anki – Free flashcard software.
- Hello Healthy – Short, actionable health weight loss and fitness articles.
- Fitocracy – Free workout, fitness tips and fitness tracking.
- Free Code Camp – Learn to code, meet other coders, build projects that help non-profits.
- Code.org – Introductory coding lessons, designed for k-12 students.
- Data Camp – Free and freemium courses on R, Python and data visualization.
- CodeCombat – Introductory coding lessons, in the form of a fantasy RPG.
- Lrn – Phone app with free interactive coding mini-quizzes.
- Duolingo – Learn over 20 different languages, including Klingon for some reason.
- Babbel – Free language learning with integrated speech recognition.
- Drops – Study a language on your phone for just 5 minutes a day.
- Busuu – Community-base language learning. Interact with native speakers.
- CoffeeStrap – Practice a new language by voice chatting with native speakers with whom you share common interests.
- Lingvist – Learn a language in 200 hours.
- Improve Your Social Skills – Free social skills guide from a guy who overcame Asperger’s.
- Succeed Socially – Free social skills guide for awkward people.
- Job-Hunt.org – Free articles on job hunting, getting promoted, freelancing, personal branding, and other career skills.
- Mind Tools – Free tools and videos for improving career, management and communications skills.
- Makezine – Online magazine for makers with guides, projects and news.
- Snapguide – Free user-created guides for makers.
- ChefSteps – Mix of free and premium cooking classes.
- Instructables – User-created guides for making everything from cookies to buildings.
- Allrecipes – The web’s largest collection of recipes.
- InstaNerd – Read a never-ending series of random factoids.
- TED-Ed – Curated, high-quality educational videos.
- Brain Pump – Watch a random educational video.
- Now I Know – Fun facts delivered in a daily email newsletter.
- Curiosity – 5 fun new facts, delivered to your phone every day.
- Zidbits – Huge collection of articles on fun and unusual (mostly scientific) topics.
- Big Think – In-depth videos by experts.
- Curious – Sharpen your brain with daily “workouts”
- Yousician – Learn your favorite guitar, bass, piano and ukelele songs.
- Parkour & Freerunning World – Free Parkour and Freerunning video tutorials. Be careful!
- Chesscademy – Learn chess from the masters, and solve chess puzzles.
- Pianu – Learn to play piano online.
- Surfedukators – Free surfing videos, tips and tutorials
- Flowkey – Free piano training app.
Please like and share this with your friends and if I missed any other great sites, please leave a comment below.
Last modified: February 4, 2018